Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Nothing Lasts Forever

I had something else that I was going to share, but tragedy struck and I'm moved to speak on the matter.

As of last night, at exactly 10:15 pm, my iPod went into a coma. I tried to remain positive through a troubled slumber in hopes that morning would bring good news. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case.

The condition is terminal, and pending upon his condition when I get home from work, we might be talking burial arrangements.

Yes, I know it’s a grim way to think on Tuesday, but that's Life for you. One moment, you're enjoing your music and decide to give your freshly shampooed hair a quick shake before you start your grooming. The next, you are reminded of your iPod's mortality.

I never thought things would end this way.

Forgive me if I get emotional, but this iPod meant a lot to me. It was a good iPod. It taught me the wonders of iTunes. It got me through many workouts that I didn't want to finish or start. It protected me from conversation with people when I was in a funk. It got me through slow workdays. It was an EXCELLENT shopping companion-- keeping my spirits up as I toiled in the grocery store or anywhere else that was deemed a necessity.

It was a tough one too. It braved a few drops and scratches. And even though in a moment of genius, I decided to clip it where the screen was against my skin during a run (my pants were loose and I feared I would drop it again), it developed a form of Turrets from my sweat.

I admired its courageousness.

And now, it might be time to say good-bye. If only I had learned what the most played song on it was. I would have something meaningful to play at the service.

Oh well.

For those in the area, I will host a Wake service (aka body viewing) from 7:15 pm- 7:18 pm.

The burial service should take place around 7:21 pm...

or until everyone has found the strength to leave.


**I'll post pictures tomorrow

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?