Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Prayer Conservation

A couple of weeks ago, I denied a friend's request to pray for a mutual friend.
I know, I know. I'm a bad friend...how can I do that...blah blah blah.
But I have a position.

The conversation went something like this:

"...I don't know. You should pray for her though."

"What! 'Pray for her'?? She is a grown-ass woman with her own mind. Why would I pray for someone who CHOOSES stupidity? I am not going to waste a prayer on her. Shit, I'm trying to get another iPod."

She started laughing but I was serious.

I do dumb shit all the time and is anyone praying for my incoherences??
No.
Why?
Because I'm a lot smarter than I am in my dumb moments.....
AND you have bills to pay.

"And this too shall pass..."
(I don't remember who said it but it's in the Bible, right?)

Why pray for that???
Especially if you KNOW me to be a dumbass at times.

I believe one should pray for things that have a play buttons. Or maybe something that you can sleep in when it rains. Pray for health and security. Pray for soft cookies at your next trip to Subway.

Don't pray for stupidity.

That isht is just default for some.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?