Thursday, February 01, 2007

***Edgy? ME??***

I'm a little pissy this morning. Driving in cold Atlanta rain is definitely not a way that I like to pass the time. Getting in late with weather like this isn't exactly a treat either. But when I learned that I had been swagger-jacked (via Hometeam informant) I became a little edgy.
Look at this crap: How can a no-name steal from another no-name??? That isht ain't right.

Then I got another email about some BS that set me off. But when I saw the apology letter that was issued on behalf of Turner, I became motivated.

I was motivated to translate this:



February 1, 2007

From: Phil Kent

Last night, I issued a public apology for the serious events in Boston prompted by an outdoor advertising campaign for Adult Swim. I wanted to share the text of that statement in its entirety with all of you.

"We apologize to the citizens of Boston that part of a marketing campaign was mistaken for a public danger. We appreciate the gravity of this situation and, like any responsible company would, are putting all necessary resources toward understanding the facts surrounding it as quickly as possible. As soon as we realized that an element of the campaign was being mistaken for something potentially dangerous, appropriate law enforcement officials were notified and through Federal law enforcement channels, we identified the specific locations of the advertisements in all 10 cities in which they are posted. We also directed the third-party marketing firm who posted the advertisements to take them down immediately. We appreciate the commitment demonstrated by the Boston police department and other law enforcement agencies, as well as the Massachusetts Governor's Office, and deeply regret the hardships experienced as a result of this incident."




Into what I feel they SHOULD HAVE said:

Dear Bostonians,

We apologize that y'all are New England idiots. We have run this campaign in 9 other cities and you are the only dumb asses who thought that terrorists somehow got a hold of the electronic billboards to send you terrorist threats through Atari-like characters. We hope that you found refuge in one of your many buildings of higher education until the message of the falling sky was deemed false. We applaud you for overcoming your many personal experiences of infant child-dropping syndrome and look forward to further displayed evidence of your adult intelligence. We are also sorry that you are bitter about not being in the Superbowl this year, however, we ask that you not make everyone suffer like it's OUR problem. Thanks.

B*tches.


Comments:
OMFG I'm so glad you posted about this Boston bullshit. How fucking retarded can people be?

I watched the Boston PD Chief make some statement last night on the news about how the cable network should be held accountable for the "misunderstanding."

I felt like he should have been up there saying, "Um yeah, listen...we're morons." I can't believe they made such a big deal over something so ridiculously minimal. The guy they arrested was shown in a car, shaking his head like, "Damn y'all are idiots."

Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?