Saturday, February 02, 2008

Ain't That About A...

So apparently the Super Bowl is happening this week. I found this out on Monday (shouts out to Oomalicious for keeping me in real time) and was really thrown off by it's "suddenness". This is the same suddenness that happens for me around Easter, Christmas, and sometimes Thanksgiving. However that is not the point.

So later in the week, as in yesterday, I learned of the two teams who are playing: Patriots and the Giants. Woop-di-damn-doo.

Still not the point.

So how about TODAY I heard a small rumor that was big enough to raise my left eyebrow in full-fledged interest: Micheal Jackson is performing????

Is this accurate?
Is the 2008 SuperBowl officially TiVo-able?

I know some of you may be turned off by the fact that I adore the King of Pop the way I do. Perhaps it is weird and I should be embarrassed and stop the fanfare for the genius that gave the 80's major musical evolutionary relevance. Okay, that was dramatic but still...IT'S MICHAEL JACKSON!

Please know that the Michael Jackson that I know and love looks like this (in my mind):



Not this...
Oh wait...that's Lil' Kim.


Like THIS...
What in the blue Crayola hell is up with his eyebrows?
I'm convinced this is an imposter.
The real MJ never had to shave.
I think these are hair plugs.

Somebody hit me up so I know if I need to place an order on TiVo.

Or maybe I'll just watch anyway?
I might be able to win some money.

I'm pretty good at picking winning teams.
I picked them last year (or whatever that year was I watched).
Also,
I was 80% about 2 years ago in calling the Monday Night games.

My strategy?
Aesthetics.

I haven't come up with some bullshit reason as to why this works but it definitely does
(for me anyway).
When the jocks come on-screen in the 1st quarter, I watch their intros very carefully.

You know.
The "Demarkitwan Jones...Ohio State." part.
The offensive line is usually cuter than the defensive line.
If the defensive line is cuter, then you might be in trouble.
Not always, but you wanna heed the warning signs.

Anyhoo...

I watch their intros and I award a point to each player who is cute/attractive/fine. Black, White, Caublasian, whatever...you have to be able to call a spade a spade. By the end of the 1st quarter, both lines of each team has introduced themselves and I pick the team with the most attractive players.

I'm very good:o)

But on the real, I'm probably not going to watch. Besides all the catch up work I have to do, I still haven't closed the season to my guilty pleasure of the moment: The Real Housewives of Orange County.

I love those crazy WWWs.

Evil Thai mail-order brides... moms pimping out their blonde aimless children...financial falls from grace...the haves and have nots...

Actually reminds me of my favorite Dr. Seuss tale, "The Starbelly Sneeches" who had stars upon thars, lol...

okay, I got sidetracked.

Laurie has convinced herself she's in love and she has managed to snag big ballin' George "after years of hardships", and now they're having a big ballin' wedding on George's big ballin' estate. The wedding is supposed to be the season finale.

I love hearing her lie about her love life.

There's just something about the delusional...

they humor me.

(From a distance.)









Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?